Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Misadventures, Part 2

(A note to my more sensitive readers: this post contains PG-13 elements.)

I sense that this will become a series for this blog.  Sometimes, there are events that are too small for a full entry, but deserve recognition.  So, I give you some quick-and-dirty highlights from the last week or so:

• Remember that trip Team ECK took to the winery in Ellicottville, NY?  Well, one evening, Courtney and Kristen decided they wanted to uncork a bottle of wine.  Problem?  I had the wine key, and I was downstairs doing laundry.  So, they called me to ask which room I was in to see if my roommate (David) might be able to let them in. "I forget which room I'm in," I said.  "I think it's 215."  So, the ladies trotted to 215 and pounded on the door.  Repeatedly.  To no avail.  Just as they were about to give up, the door swung open, and a gaggle of tipsy college jocks greeted them.  Kristen and Courtney bolted for the elevator, but the college boys were too fast.  "Hey ladies," they slurred and stumbled.  "You married?"  "Yes," Kristen blurted out, as the elevator doors closed, "to each other."

• This company has a big sweet tooth, led by Nic and Courtney.  If there is a cookie, cake, cupcake or whoopie pie within 50 feet, somebody in the company will find it and eat it.  And our downfall was State College, PA.  We were eager to spend an evening hanging out as a group, since we happened to have one free, so we headed to the downtown area to do some window shopping and grab dinner.  And then we discovered the farmer's market. Within two minutes, everybody had some sort of delicious, Amish-made treat in their hands.  But the fun didn't stop there!  After dinner at a fancy Thai restaurant, we ventured off to the fabled Penn State Creamery, where we downed mounds of delicious ice cream (although no one got sprinkles).


• Also in State College, David and I shared a room, as usual.  I was digging through my bag to find my winter coat, and clothing was flying everywhere.  Which is typical for me.  Anyway, as I repacked my decimated bag, I came across a black item that didn't seem to belong.  As I turned it over, I spotted lace and a Victoria's Secret label.  It was a thong, torn at one edge.  This item wasn't mine.  Further room inspection revealed two broken hair binders under the bed and scratches on the headboard.  I have chosen not to dwell on how all of this came to be.

Call tomorrow: 8am, La Quinta Hotel, Moon Township, PA.  We're sitting down in Pittsburgh for a week, and have workshops tomorrow morning.

Kid Quote of the Day:  At a performance in State College, a little boy in the front row mirrored the choreography to "Leonardo the Terrible Monster" step for step.  It was both incredibly adorable, and extremely impressive.  Connor, should we need another replacement, I've got one for you.

Adult Quote of the Day: There are interstitial moments between stories, which each of us fill with choreography or story-specific business.  Nic bears the brunt of this.  During the transition into Leonardo, he does some funky dance moves, including a fair amount of "booty shaking."  During this section at one performance, a woman in the front row (who had been thoroughly enjoying the production thus far) shouted, "Yeah, baby!"

No comments:

Post a Comment